Hello! I bid you welcome to my blog. I was introduced to writing by my best friend. Now not mentioning my best friend is not possible, because she was one who persuaded me and helped me through all of this. Even this blog that you see, is because of her guidance. She is a beautiful person, and more so a beautiful writer. When I started to write, I was mesmerized by the power of words. I am an avid reader and when I read a book, it gives me such pleasure to feel the words hit my mind. I think books are the only thing that I actually take seriously. You know how parents complain about how their children don't listen to them but listen to some outsider? For me, books are the outsiders. The thing is, I just love words. Be it written or spoken. The first time I wrote I was scared. Scared about the fact that I am not good enough or what will people think? To be honest, I didn't tell my best friend about writing for 6 months after I started. She was furious when I finally sent h...
School trips are something that are looked forward to. After the monotonous way of life, you suddenly get an opportunity to visit a place with your friends. All the hotel gossips, the fights, the places, the pictures, every single thing stays with you till the day you die. My trip was just the same, yet different. I joined the German-Oman Exchange Program 2016-2017 with only the thought of meeting new people and getting to know another culture. None of my close friends were going for it, but yet, I was determined to go. Which, let me be honest, wasn’t a bad thing at all. I got introduced to so many new and wonderful souls, all with different talents and backgrounds, and got closer to the known. The country, of course, was beautiful, and the people, just as beautiful. Warm, hospitable, and understanding, is how anyone who has been a part of this Exchange Program through the years, will describe them. Their curiosity about our culture, and our curiosity about their cultur...
On the 10th of October every year, the World Health Organisation recognizes the day as World Mental Health Day. Every year, they have a theme, and this year's theme is "Psychological First-Aid and the Support people can provide." So I would like to take this opportunity and write further on the same. It is not unknown that nowadays everyone is engaging in spreading awareness about mental health, and identifying the importance of mental health. Schools, certain organisations, celebrities, to name a few, are conveying the importance of the same. Yet, despite everything, why is it that mental health is still held as a stigma? Why is it that there are so many more people who still don't get the required help? Where are we going wrong? The thing is that when we spread awareness about Mental Health a lot of people just become aware about it. And then claim that they KNOW things. But the truth is that they don't. Being aware about it, and not doing anything when...
Comments
Post a Comment