Reality

We decided to meet at the beach.

He was a few minutes late so I thought to set everything up.

I called out to the sea.

No reply.

I was baffled. It usually answers my first call. I called to it again.

No response.

I was just about to call out again.

But this time I was responded to.

A sprinkle of water on my face. And I smiled.

I asked it to rise by saying that one magical word: rise. That simple, isn't it? Communication. It is so important to communicate in any relationship. My relationship with water, therefore, was... simple. I call out to it in the easiest manner possible. And it shows.

I walked closer to the water. I was rather slow to walk because I was zoned out thinking about what this majestic body would show me today. I reached the edge of the shore; where the water teases you but doesn't touch you. Finally, I had reached my destination. I took another step like the men on the moon. Lo and behold! The sea parted for me. It doesn't say much. But it does a lot. I didn't need to use artistic expressions to describe this event. But you, my reader, can't be described to if not for the surprise that YOU did not see coming.

I walked in between the water. Not doing anything in particular apart from waiting for my friend to arrive. I heard footsteps rushing to the spot that we decided to meet and stop. I was sure of what was coming and I was prepared. I saw him from the edge of the parting. He was probably scared. Or confused. Or both.

"Don't be afraid," I said to him. "It's just water."

He nodded with his eyes wide.

"Come."

And he followed.

I walked in front of him in silence. I wouldn't want to ruin such a moment for anyone.

After some time had passed in passing and silence, I barged into one of the sides and into the water!

I ran like an aeroplane while taking off. And just like an aeroplane, I took off.

I took off into this whole new world so distinct from what I see every day. I thought of getting him along but no. This one has always been only for me. I am privileged to see the secrets of the sea. I am able to swim through. While I swam through, I saw all the wonders of the sea. Schools of fishes. Glowing. Flying. Swimming. Breathing. Corals and plants. Moving. Swaying. Living. And I swam through this magic. This magic that could engulf me any moment it wanted to. The magic that can leave me in awe. The magic. Oh! The magic.

I landed back.

And he was gone.

Where did he go?

Did he exist? Or was he a figment of my imagination?

Oh well. My reality is my reality. Imagination or not, the sea is my reality.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Footsteps.

12 Days in Deutschland.

Who should hold the paint brush?